Compare brokers that offer Direct Market Access (DMA) who are authorised and regulated by the FCA. Use DMA to get inside the price and reduce your trading costs by getting better prices.
CFD trading carries a high level or risk and can result in losses that exceed your deposits.
IG are the largest DMA brokers in the world, by both market capitalization (they are listed on the LSE with a mkt cap of over £2.5bn) and active client base. As such IG invest have one of the largest range of markets available through their trading platform and some of the best free trader tools available to clients you can test their platform by opening a demo account here.
The best CFD brokers that offer DMA (Direct Market Access) tend to be well established players with a mainly professional or institutional client base.
Trading CFDs via DMA gives a trader an edge over the more retail focused CFD broker because they can buy at the bid and sell a the offer. Trader buy and sell order go straight onto the order book and can be worked in a professional manner using order types such as iceberg, limit and market or limit stops.
It is particular important to use a CFD broker that offers DMA is you are a large trader dealing in over the normal NMS (Normal Market Size) on the main markets or in illiquid markets where you don’t want to show your entire order in one go. In smaller assets, big orders can move the market before you get a chance to get in.
The main DMA CFD brokers of note that offer Direct Market Access are:
- IG DMA CFDs
- Valbury Capital
- ED&F Capital Markets
- Sucden Financial
All these brokers are well capitalised and have experienced brokers to assist with account set ups and look after their customers well.
If you want to get inside the bid offer you need to be trading with direct market access (DMA). However, this is a tricky thing to do if you want a spread betting broker to provide direct market access.
The reason is quite simple. The mechanics just don’t work. Spread betting is OTC, in that it is conducted off exchange and structured as a bet. There is no exchange to access and the quotes provided by the spread betting brokers are based on the prices in the underlying exchanges.
However, ProSpreads will offer a form of direct market access. They will give you a trading platform and access to the markets, when you trade they hedge everything and convert it in to a spread bet post trade.
There are a few other spread betting brokers that provide Level-2 and Direct Market Access through CFDs, but then you lose the tax advantages.
You need a big account to trade with ProSpreads as your trade size needs to be the minimum one exchange lots size. In the FTSE it’s £10 per point for example.
In reality though, spreads nowadays are so tight. Especially with new brokers offering no frills trading like Core Spreads with FX spreads of 0.7 and FTSE spreads of 0.8. The real market is only 0.5.
You may also be interested in:
- Compare ayondo to Alternative Social Trading Brokers
- Compare Berry FX to Alternative Money Transfer and Currency Brokers
- Compare Brokers to City Index
- Compare CMC Markets to alternative brokers
- Compare Core Spreads to Alternative Spread Betting Brokers
- Compare Debt Crowd Funding Platforms
- Compare Equity Crowd Funding Platforms
- Compare eToro to other Social Brokers
- Compare ETX Capital to Alternative Brokers
- Compare Fair FX to other currency brokers and money transfer providers
- Compare FinancialSpreads.com to alternative brokers
- Compare Gain Capital to alternative CFD brokers
- Compare Hargreaves Lansdown to Alternative Stock Brokers
- Compare HiFX To Alternative Currency Brokers
- Compare IG to Alternative Brokers
- Compare International Money Transfers Quotes
- Compare InterTrader to alternative brokers
- Compare Investors Intelligence to other brokers
- Compare ISA Accounts in the UK
- Compare Money Corp to other currency brokers and money transfer providers
- Compare Plus 500 to alternative brokers
- Compare Saxo to other CFD Brokers
- Compare SIPP accounts in the UK
- Compare Stock Brokers in the UK
- Compare the best AUD rates from numerous brokers
- Compare Top Binary Options Brokers in the UK
- Compare Top Bond Brokers in the UK
- Compare TOP CFD Brokers in the UK
- Compare Top DMA Brokers in the UK
- Compare Top Financial Spread Betting Brokers
- Compare Top Forex Brokers in the UK
- Compare Top MT4 Brokers in the UK
- Compare Top Social Trading Brokers
- Compare Transferwise to other currency brokers and money transfer providers
- Compare UK Forex to other currency brokers and money transfer providers
- Compare World First to Alternative Currency Brokers
- Compare World First to other currency brokers and money transfer providers
Good Broker Guide Featured Brokers
Created with Compare Ninja