Featured Broker: Core Spreads - Get the tightest spreads on FX, CFD & Spreadbetting (more info)
Compare Top Financial Spread Betting Brokers
Use our comparison reviews to compare spread betting broker costs, spreads, offers and features. Only Spread Betting Brokers authorized and regulated by the FCA where client funds are protected under the FSCS are featured.
Spread betting carries a high level or risk and losses can exceed your deposits. Featured brokers appear first.
Created with Compare Ninja
ETX Capital are one of the oldest spread betting brokers in the UK. ETX was founded in 1965 as Monecor and remains a member of the London Stock exchange. They offer tight spreads as low as 0.7 on EuroDollar and 0.9 on other FX pairs. ETX has won some pretty decent awards including: Money AM Awards 2012 Best Online Charts. Investment Trends Award 2013 Best Value for Money and UK Forex Award 2013 Best Forex Trading Tool & Software.For new clients they offer a no deposit £20 to test their Pro, MT4 and Binary trading platforms (more info).
Core Spreads are one of the newest spread betting brokers in the UK. Core Spreads objective to to provide the tightest spreads in the industry but offering an execution only platform (i.e. now news, analysis, or trader tools). For spread bettors looking to reduce trading costs Core Spreads offer a simple, quick and easy to use trading platform find out more.
Spreadex are a nice old school spread betting broker located just outside London. They tend to cater for more professional traders who value customer service above pricing. As well as financial spread betting Spreadex also offer sport spread betting, fixed odds betting and binary betting. So if you’re looking for a one stop shop to take care of your trading and gambling needs Spreadex may fit the bill. They’ve been around since the 1990’s and have won a plethora of awards, most recently the Wealth and Financial International, Alternative Investment Awards 2016 (Best Spread Betting Provider – winner) and City of London Wealth Management Awards 2016 (Best Spread Betting Provider – winner). Check out their promotions on their website for more info.
ayondo are one of the more innovative spread betting brokers as they focus on offering social trading. So you can basically copy other spread betting traders and make money when they make money. You can even set your margin limits to 100% if you want to trade on a non-leveraged basis and just take advantage of the tax breaks. If you go to ayondo because of the social trading feature you can earn money by getting other traders to follow you or by choosing a winning trader to follow. Obviously picking a winning trader to follow is just as hard as picking a winning stock! Sign up with ayondo here.
Key features of spread betting
- Tax free profits
- Trade on margin
- No stamp duty on stocks
How to choose a financial spread betting broker
There are a few key features to look at when switching or opening a spread betting account. These include:
- Mobile Apps
- Welcome Bonus
- Market Range
- Added Value
- Credit Accounts
- Social Trading
Your broker must be authorised and regulated by the FCA.
By ensuring your spread betting broker is fully authorised and regulated by the FCA some of your funds will be protected under the FSCS. The FCA also requires spread betting brokers to report on a regular basis and have adequate compliance procedures in place to treat customers fairly.
Check how wide a brokers spreads are
Our spread betting broker comparison tables highlight how wide a companies spreads are. This is important because it is a big cost to you as a trader. The narrower a companies spreads are the lower your trading costs will be. A spread is the difference between the price at which you can buy and sell a position. So if you are a intraday trader who makes lots of trades this can have a bit impact on your profit and loss.
Check you can trade on the go
Most spread betting brokers will have multi platform and mobile and tablet apps for trading on the go. As more volume goes through on mobile broker apps and mobile access ensures that you are always connected to the market to check prices and open and close positions.
When switching brokers take advantage of welcome offers.
New client offers are becoming more popular in the spread betting industry. Brokers use then entice new customers by offering a top up on initial deposits. By taking advantage of a welcome bonus you will normally have to trade a certain amount before you can claim or withdraw the bonus funds. It’s not free money as brokers don’t just give thousands of pounds away but if you put the volume through their accounts they will reward you with a bonus in the for a rebate of your trading costs.
Check what asset classes your broker covers
Some broker solely focus on one product like FX, others cover the entire market. Generally the bigger the broker the more stocks and asset you can trade. The majority of spread betting activity is on the major stocks, FX pairs and indices, but by switching to a broker with better market coverage there will be no delay on putting a trade on an obscure stock or index if the opportunity presents itself.
The more established a spread betting broker the better they will be at dealing with customer issues. The financial markets are vastly complex so having experienced brokers and customer service staff is vital to sorting trading errors and helping you navigate new products.
Go with a broker that offers added value
Most brokers offer pretty much the same access to the market. By choosing a spread betting broker will lots off added value tools like live news, technical analysis and sentiment indicators you will get a better overview of the market and hopefully be better informed when you trade.
Does your broker offer credit
Some brokers offer credit accounts. This means if you are a good client you can put a trade on without having any cash in your account. You will have to fund the account, but by having a bit of credit it means you can put a trade on quickly without having to wait for funds to be added.
Following profitable traders through social trading
Social trading is bug business now. It basically allows you to execute the same trades as the best customer of a specific broker. If a broker allows social trading they will show th performance and trades of traders that make money. You can then allocate a certain amount of capital to follow their real live positions.
You may also be interested in:
- Compare ayondo to Alternative Social Trading Brokers
- Compare Berry FX to Alternative Money Transfer and Currency Brokers
- Compare Brokers to City Index
- Compare CMC Markets to alternative brokers
- Compare Core Spreads to Alternative Spread Betting Brokers
- Compare Debt Crowd Funding Platforms
- Compare Equity Crowd Funding Platforms
- Compare eToro to other Social Brokers
- Compare ETX Capital to Alternative Brokers
- Compare Fair FX to other currency brokers and money transfer providers
- Compare FinancialSpreads.com to alternative brokers
- Compare Gain Capital to alternative CFD brokers
- Compare Hargreaves Lansdown to Alternative Stock Brokers
- Compare HiFX To Alternative Currency Brokers
- Compare IG to Alternative Brokers
- Compare International Money Transfers Quotes
- Compare InterTrader to alternative brokers
- Compare Investors Intelligence to other brokers
- Compare ISA Accounts in the UK
- Compare Money Corp to other currency brokers and money transfer providers
- Compare Plus 500 to alternative brokers
- Compare Saxo to other CFD Brokers
- Compare SIPP accounts in the UK
- Compare Stock Brokers in the UK
- Compare the best AUD rates from numerous brokers
- Compare Top Bond Brokers in the UK
- Compare TOP CFD Brokers in the UK
- Compare Top DMA Brokers in the UK
- Compare Top Financial Spread Betting Brokers
- Compare Top Forex Brokers in the UK
- Compare Top MT4 Brokers in the UK
- Compare Top Social Trading Brokers
- Compare Transferwise to other currency brokers and money transfer providers
- Compare UK Forex to other currency brokers and money transfer providers
- Compare World First to Alternative Currency Brokers
- Compare World First to other currency brokers and money transfer providers
Good Broker Guide Featured Brokers
Created with Compare Ninja