Broker Of The Month: IG - Crypto, 15k+ markets, 185k active clients & LSE listed (Read IG Review)
Founded in 1974 by Stuart Wheeler as IG Index, IG are a publicly listed broker head quartered on Cannon Street in London. As of November 2017 IG was valued at over £2.4bn with an active client base (as of May 2017) of over 185,000. IG has offices in Dusseldorf, Geneva, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Stockholm, Shanghai, Melbourne, Singapore, Tokyo, Chicago, Johannesburg and Dubai.
Quick IG Info:
- IG offer around 15,000 through their spread betting, CFD trading and share dealing services.
- IG are also a cryptocurrency broker, where you can trade Bitcoin and Ethereum (Ether) as a spread bet.
- The recently launched a stockbroking service which allows you to invest in stocks via an ISA or SIPP account and ETF’s through their Smart Portfolio service.
- IG are listed on the London Stock Exchange, see the IG share price on Google Finance here.
- Over 185,000 active clients as of May 2017 (source: iggroup.com)
- Financial Spread Betting
- CFDs (Contracts For Difference)
- Stock Broking
- Mini Prime Brokerage
- Private Client and Institutional Accounts
- DMA (Direct Market Access with Level 2 Pricing)
- Weekend Trading (some indices and FX pairs are available on Saturday and Sunday)
- Cards: Visa, Mastercard & Maestro
- Paypal: no additional cost
- Bank Transfer
IG Trading Platforms
IG offers their own in-house developed web based trading platform, as well as smart phone apps, although they have recently stopped supporting the Apple watch. MT4 is also available.
Research & Analysis
IG offer a wide range of sentiment tools for clients, especially in the Index and FX market after the purchase of DailyFX.com, which incorporates a lot of educational material and tools for clients.
The news and analysis portal covers the major news wires and also provides exclusive content such as:
- Trade of the week – a weekly video highlighting significant moves
- IG client sentiment data (what percentage of the client base is long or short)
- The week ahead section – covering upcoming potential market moving economic announcements
- IG community – where clients can share ideas, discuss the market and new products
- Technical analysis and trading signals – these are provided by PIA-First once logged in and on the main market data section of the website by Autochartist
Limited Risk Accounts
IG limited-risk account can protect clients from taking on too much risk, by ensuring that all the positions opened will not lose more than the initial deposit required to open the trade.
All positions through limited risk accounts will need to have a guaranteed stop, to put an absolute limit on the potential loss and give watertight protection against slippage. There is no additional charge for this extra protection unless the guaranteed stop is triggered.
The following features are not available on a limited-risk account:
- ProOrder automated trading
- Some risk-management tools, such as trailing stops
CFD, share dealing and stocks and shares ISA accounts provided by IG Markets Ltd, spread betting provided by IG Index Ltd. IG is a trading name of IG Markets Ltd (a company registered in England and Wales under number 04008957) and IG Index Ltd (a company registered in England and Wales under number 01190902). Registered address at Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London EC4R 2YA. Both IG Markets Ltd (Register number 195355) and IG Index Ltd (Register number 114059) are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Excludes binary bets, where IG Index Ltd is licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission, reference number 2628. IG Index supports responsible gambling, for information and advice please visit www.gambleaware.co.uk.
IG Customer Reviews
Submit your review
At this time I found the best broker in all purpose of trading market. IG is the best for me. (Trading forex, commodities and indices with IG for 1-2 years on a daily basis)
- Trading Platform 5/5
- Customer Service 5/5
- Mobile Apps 5/5
- Spreads & Pricing 5/5
- Market Range 5/5
- Trade Execution Speed 5/5
- Added Value 5/5
Good Broker Guide Featured Brokers
Created with Compare Ninja